There are early Golden Chanterelles, Boletes, and some other mushrooms out there! (See photos.)
If you haven't yet joined a MushroomObsession free foray, you will enjoy the experience. Here are upcoming scheduled forays:
- Friday, September 10, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, September 11, 8-10 a.m.
- Saturday, September 11, 10 a.m. - noon
- BBQ lunch in the forest, Saturday, September 11, Noon-1:30 p.m. ($5 donation, or $10 which includes a MushroomObsession camping mug)
- Saturday, September 11, 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
You must contact me for directions and foray instructions, either by commenting on this blog post or calling (253) 906-9676. Foray locations are on moderately easily accessible national forest roads about 75 minutes south of Puyallup, WA.
For urgent contact after 3 p.m. on Friday, September 10, leave a message at (253) 226-9327.
Early season Golden Chanterelles