There are early Golden Chanterelles, Boletes, and some other mushrooms out there! (See photos.)
If you haven't yet joined a MushroomObsession free foray, you will enjoy the experience. Here are upcoming scheduled forays:
- Friday, September 10, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, September 11, 8-10 a.m.
- Saturday, September 11, 10 a.m. - noon
- BBQ lunch in the forest, Saturday, September 11, Noon-1:30 p.m. ($5 donation, or $10 which includes a MushroomObsession camping mug)
- Saturday, September 11, 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
You must contact me for directions and foray instructions, either by commenting on this blog post or calling (253) 906-9676. Foray locations are on moderately easily accessible national forest roads about 75 minutes south of Puyallup, WA.
For urgent contact after 3 p.m. on Friday, September 10, leave a message at (253) 226-9327.
Early season Golden Chanterelles
Hi. I stumbled upon your blog and am sad to have missed the forays. Is it too late on the season to find any now? Any chance you’ll be having another foray?
And in case you’re wondering, it was a very successful weekend! I found good edible mushrooms (mostly Lobsters, Golden Chanterelles, and Boletes) in every foray, and limited out on Saturday. Check out a photo here: https://twitter.com/ShroomObsessed/status/1438152539510165504
Sorry we missed the foray.
Hope it was a success